This beautiful salad is a nice change from the many other salads I have in my rotation. It's simple and clean, and with just a few ingredients, each one gets to shine through. And the combination of pomegranate & goat cheese with the pop of herbs in the dressing is oh so yum ;)
Pomegranates are in full force this time of year, and they are definitely one of my favourite fruits.
There are a few different ways to seed a pomegranate, but the "wooden spoon method" is the fastest and easiest one I've tried (plus it's also a lot of fun to do with the kiddies!). Here's a video you can check out ;)
The salad is pretty simple, no exact measurements but here is a rough guide of what I make:
- 3-4 handfuls of Arugula
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (follow cooking instructions on package, I like to add a little chicken stock to the rice while cooking to add a little more flavour)
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp finely chopped mint
- 1 tsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tsp hemp seeds
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix it all in a small jar and pour over salad, mix it all together and Enjoy!